How Can I Prove Negligence in a Premises Liability Case?
To prove negligence in a premises liability case, you will need to establish the following three elements to prove negligence in a claim:
- There was a dangerous condition or hazard on the premises.
- The property owner or person responsible for running the business knew (or should have known) about the danger.
- The hazard caused your accident and subsequent injuries.
Property owners or business managers are legally obliged to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition for the public. If there is a hazard on the property, they must warn customers and make an effort to tend to the dangerous situation.
If you are injured due to negligence in a public place, you may need to file a lawsuit against the person or organization responsible for the accident. However, such claims can be tricky, and proving fault can be difficult, especially while contending with the physical, emotional, and financial impact of a serious injury.
Many injured parties opt to take advantage of a free initial case review with our premises liability lawyer to discuss their situation at no obligation and find out more about the legal possibilities available for a compensation claim.
Evidence You Can Present in a Premises Liability Case
Knowing how to manage a premises liability injury claim can be confusing. Our premises liability lawyer can help to clarify your legal options and help you piece together all of the information required to build a case, which can include:
- Pictures from the accident scene and of your injuries
- Accident reports
- Lease agreements
- Insurance policies
- Maintenance agreements and records
- Video surveillance
- Work orders
- Inspection reports
- Sweep sheets
- Medical records and reports
- A diary account of how the accident affects your everyday activities
- Witness accounts
- Work-related financial records
- Other expenses related to the accident
Compensation You Can Seek in a Premises Liability Case
Having compiled all of the vital evidence necessary to build a highly-developed case, we can help you negotiate a fair settlement for your injuries to include compensation in lieu of the following:
- Current and ongoing medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages and compensation for any impact on future earnings
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
The Benefits of Seeking Legal Advice and Filing a Claim on Time
In addition to providing information about how you can prove negligence in a premises liability case, our premises liability lawyers can further help you handle your case from start to finish. They help clients navigate the legal process by:
- Protecting your rights and ensuring you are fairly treated during the legal process
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Identifying who is responsible for the accident
- Proving negligence resulted in your injuries
- Estimating the value of your claim, taking into account any future expenses
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the at-fault parties’ insurers or legal team
- Reviewing settlement offers
- Representing you in a trial, if a fair settlement cannot be agreed on beforehand
Insurance companies may offer you an initial settlement that does not fairly cover your losses. Working with our premises liability lawyers can prevent you from settling for less than your claims’ real worth.
Nevada Laws that Can Affect Your Right to Compensation
The Nevada statute of limitations is the time you have to begin legal proceedings in a personal injury claim. According to NRS §11.190(4)(e), injured parties have two years to file a compensation claim. If you miss this deadline, you will be unlikely to pursue legal action for financial recovery for your accident.
An Attorney Can Help You with Your Compensation Claim Today
With over 60 years of combined experience, High Stakes Injury Law’s committed team can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries at this challenging time. We understand an accident can have more than just physical consequences.
We are ready to help you. For more information about our services, call today.