What Happens in a Car Accident Without Insurance in Las Vegas?
After getting hurt in a car accident without insurance in Las Vegas, an injury lawyer with our firm can help you with your legal options. After reviewing your insurance policy, we can determine if you can recover compensation through:
- Medical payments coverage (MedPay)
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance (UM/UIM)
- Property damage insurance (i.e., collision)
Don’t let the other party’s negligence keep you from getting the financial recovery you need.
Ways You Can Recover Compensation in a No-insurance Accident
Since the other party didn’t have insurance, you won’t be able to file a claim through their coverage for damages.
We may not recommend filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against them, because they might not have the assets available to compensate you. If we believe that a lawsuit could lead to a financial recovery for you, we have a two-year time limit after the accident to file suit, per NRS §11.190(4)(e).
One of our lawyers can review your insurance policy and determine if it can cover some or even all of the damages. According to the Nevada Division of Insurance (NDI), your coverages might include:
Medical Payments (MedPay)
No matter who is at fault for the accident, this coverage can account for you and your passengers’ injuries. If you happened to be a pedestrian or another non-driving road user, this policy may also apply to you.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) Insurance
Similar to MedPay, UM and UIM insurance covers medical expenses and other possible losses. This coverage only applies when the other party doesn’t have any insurance or has insufficient insurance.
This coverage is for the protection of your car. Regardless of who is at fault in the car accident, collision insurance can cover your repair and replacement for your vehicle. Unfortunately, this coverage can’t be applied to your passenger’s property loss.
For a free legal consultation, call (855) 605-2959
Your Lawyer Can Help You Fight for Other Forms of Compensation
Your life has probably been affected far beyond medical bills and property damage. A lawyer from our team can help you fight for other forms of compensation, such as:
- Future medical bills: If you need to continue to have body scans, get blood work regularly, see a physical therapist or chiropractor, and take medication for your chronic injuries
- Past lost wages: If you need to make up for your tips, commission, hourly wage, vacation time, or lost business opportunity
- Future loss of earning capacity: If your injuries keep you from going back to your job entirely or if you need to take a job that has lower pay
- Wrongful death damages: If you lost a loved one in the accident and need help paying for their funeral, medical bills, as well as your loss of inheritance
- Miscellaneous expenses: If you need assistance at home with doing chores or caring for your family
Unfortunately, your insurance policy may not recognize intangible damages, like pain and suffering, mental anguish, and disfigurement. We can still see what other options might be available to you in terms of your physical and emotional losses.
Our Attorneys Can Help You Gather the Strong Evidence You Need for Your Case
Sometimes, insurance companies can be reluctant to pay out the amount you are entitled to receive. You can leave it to our lawyers to fight for your rights and negotiate for compensation on your behalf.
We can gather evidence that includes:
- The crash report
- Pictures of your injuries
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Pictures of your vehicle
- Video footage of the accident
- Your medical team’s take on your injuries and recovery
- Eyewitness accounts
- Expert witness testimony (e.g., economists, accident reconstruction analysts, etc.)
You can even keep a journal of your new daily routine to note your pain levels and overall recovery progress.
Should you ever have questions that concern the status of your case, never hesitate to reach out to your lawyer. We want to keep you in the loop and let you know that you have a voice throughout the process.
We Can Represent You on Contingency
Don’t worry if you think you can’t hire a lawyer. At our firm, we work on a contingency-fee basis, which means that we do not charge any fees, such as:
- Upfront fees
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Hourly rates
Our lawyers will only collect our payment once you are given compensation for your damages. We will agree upon the percentage we deduct from your resulting settlement before we get started, so there will be no surprises. You won’t have anything to lose when you choose us to be your legal champions.
Complete a Free Case Review form now
Reach Out to the Attorneys at High Stakes Injury Law Today
We have won hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. With our more than 60 years of experience in the legal system, we know what it takes to get our clients what they need.
To find out more about your options in a car accident without insurance in Las Vegas, give one of our team members a call. You will receive a complimentary consultation right away.