Car Accident Lawyers in Henderson NV
Car accidents can range from minor fender-benders to devastating events that change the course of many lives. When you or a loved one suffers serious injuries due to an accident, you may need money to help pay your medical bills, cover your lost wages, and compensate for your past and future pain and suffering. An experienced Henderson car accident lawyer from High Stakes Injury Law can help you pursue the compensation you and your family need after getting hurt.
Our personal injury attorneys have been representing victims throughout Henderson and the greater Las Vegas area for decades and understand the ins and outs of car accident cases. We know how insurance companies work, and we know how to maximize your chances of securing the full compensation you are owed under the law. From filing the initial insurance claim paperwork to representing your interests in court, our firm can handle the legal heavy lifting so you can focus on what really matters – your recovery.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Henderson, NV
Understanding why your accident happened can be key to proving who was at fault so that you can recover damages.
Some factors that may have played a role in causing your Henderson car accident include:
- Distracted driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving has been on the rise over the past decades with the increased use of smartphones.
- Drunk and drug-impaired driving. Driving under the influence of any mind-altering substance can impair safe driving practices.
- Fatigued driving. Driving while drowsy can have a similar effect on a driver as if they were driving while intoxicated, impairing their senses and reactions.
- Speeding. Driving over the speed limit can make it harder to notice and respond to certain hazards.
- Road rage. Road rage leads to poor decision-making and unsafe driving practices, such as weaving in and out of lanes, following other cars too closely, or playing “chicken” with other vehicles.
- Driving with improper equipment. Missing mirrors, faulty brakes, or ill-maintained equipment on another party’s vehicle could lead to an accident.
It is possible your collision may have been the result of a combination of several factors, including ones not included here. A Henderson car accident lawyer from our firm can investigate the circumstances surrounding your case to figure out exactly what happened, why it happened, and who is responsible.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries, varying in severity based on the collision’s impact and the safety measures employed by the occupants. Common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: A sudden jerking motion during an accident can cause whiplash, resulting in neck pain, stiffness, and headaches. Even seemingly minor accidents at low speeds can lead to whiplash injuries.
- Fractures: Broken bones, especially in limbs, wrists, and ribs, are prevalent in car accidents due to the force of impact. Fractures might require surgeries, casts, or physical therapy for recovery.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), are common in car accident victims. TBIs can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage, affecting cognitive functions.
- Back Injuries: Car accidents often cause back injuries like herniated discs or spinal cord damage. These injuries can result in chronic pain, limited mobility, and require extensive medical treatment.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma can lead to internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding, which might not be immediately visible but can be life-threatening.
- Cuts and Bruises: Superficial injuries like cuts, bruises, and abrasions are typical in accidents. While they might seem minor, they can indicate the force of the impact.
If you have been involved in a car accident, it is critical you seek immediate medical attention as soon as possible after your collision. Some car accident injuries can take hours or even days to manifest themselves, and delaying seeking medical treatment can sometimes lead an insurance company to question the nature of your injuries.
The Financial Impact of a Car Accident
The costs that build up after a car accident can reach far beyond the initial incident. Doctors’ visits, surgeries, treatments, medications, physical therapy, mental health care, and other medical costs can stretch far into the future.
At High Stakes Injury Law, we want to help you pursue compensation not only for your medical costs but also for your past and future pain and suffering. We believe that if you have a valid case, you deserve compensation for your lost income, loss of enjoyment of life, and past and future mental anguish.
A Henderson car accident attorney from our firm may be able to help you recover these and other damages. To get started, dial (702) 707-5934.
Pursuing Compensation After a Car Accident in Henderson
Drivers on Nevada’s roads have a responsibility to obey traffic laws and operate their vehicles in a reasonably safe manner to prevent harm to other motorists and pedestrians. When a driver violates this duty and harms another person, they can be held financially responsible for the resulting damages.
Nevada is a fault state, meaning that the person who is responsible for the crash can be held liable for your injuries. Although this may seem simple, there are actually subtleties in understanding fault that a personal injury lawyer can help you navigate.
Proving fault in a Henderson car accident case is essential for securing compensation. Below are just a few of the types of evidence your attorney will examine to prove your case:
- Eyewitness Testimonies: Eyewitness accounts can provide crucial insights into the accident. Their unbiased observations can support your version of events and contribute to establishing fault.
- Police Reports: Law enforcement officers create detailed accident reports. These documents often include their assessment of fault based on the evidence at the scene. Obtaining a copy of the police report can be instrumental in proving liability.
- Traffic Laws: Violations of traffic laws, such as running red lights or failure to yield, can clearly indicate fault. Any citations issued to the other driver can serve as evidence supporting your claim.
- Expert Analysis: Accident reconstruction specialists and expert witnesses can analyze the scene, vehicle damage, and other relevant factors. Their professional opinions can provide valuable insights into the sequence of events, helping establish fault.
- Surveillance Footage: If available, surveillance cameras from nearby businesses or traffic signals can provide visual evidence, corroborating your account of the accident.
- Medical Records: Your medical records documenting injuries sustained in the accident can indirectly support your case by illustrating the severity of the impact.
By meticulously gathering and presenting this evidence, an experienced car accident lawyer can effectively prove fault and strengthen your case, increasing your likelihood of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Comparative Negligence in Nevada
It is not uncommon for multiple parties to share fault in causing a car accident. If there are multiple parties that may be at fault for the collision, or if you believe that you may be partially to blame, it is important to know that does not preclude you from seeking compensation.
According to Nevada’s modified comparative negligence rules under NRS § 41.141, you can still recover damages as long as the other party is more at fault than you, though your compensation may be reduced by your level of fault. For example, say you were injured in a car accident and suffered a total of $100,000 in damages, but an investigation shows you were 30% at fault. In this scenario, you would be eligible to recover a total of $70,000 (or $100,000 less 30%).
Proving fault in a car accident claim is rarely a straightforward process, and it is not uncommon for an insurance company to shift a larger proportion of blame on you to minimize their potential financial liability. Our Henderson car accident attorneys are intimately familiar with the way insurance companies operate and can protect you from unfair treatment.
You Have Two Years to File a Lawsuit
Your insurance company will likely have certain deadlines by which you must file your claim. However, the state has laws in place regarding how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. Per NRS § 11.190(4)(e), claimants generally have up to two years from the date of their accidents to file a civil claim in pursuit of compensation.
While some factors in your case may toll or extend this deadline, this is not guaranteed. If you do not file your lawsuit within the state’s deadline, you risk missing out on your chance to recover compensation.
How a Henderson Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
The last thing you need after being injured in an auto accident is to face the complexity of the legal system on your own. A car accident lawyer plays a pivotal role in helping accident victims navigate the complex aftermath of a collision.
Here are just a few of the ways we can assist with your car accident case:
- Legal Expertise: Car accident attorneys possess in-depth knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, ensuring victims understand their rights and options.
- Investigation: Attorneys conduct thorough investigations, gathering crucial evidence to establish liability and build a strong case.
- Negotiation: Experienced attorneys negotiate with insurance companies on behalf of their clients, aiming for fair settlements that cover medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and more.
- Litigation: If negotiations fail, attorneys are prepared to take the case to court, advocating zealously for their clients in front of a judge and jury.
- Emotional Support: Car accident attorneys provide emotional support during a challenging time, offering reassurance and guidance throughout the legal process.
By enlisting the expertise of a car accident attorney, victims can focus on their recovery while the attorney handles the legal complexities, ensuring the best possible outcome and fair compensation for their injuries and losses.
How Much Is My Henderson Car Accident Case Worth?
Many clients who come to us are curious about the value of their car accident claims. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to predict the value of your case during the initial stages. Every car accident case is different and will vary in value depending on a wide range of factors, including:
- The severity and long-term impact of your injuries
- The extent of your medical treatment
- The emotional trauma of the accident
- The extent of damage to your vehicle and other property
- The amount of available insurance coverage
- The strength of evidence proving the other party’s liability
Generally speaking, victims who suffer catastrophic injuries like traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries tend to secure higher settlements than those who are expected to fully recover from their injuries. It’s crucial to consult with a skilled Henderson car accident attorney to evaluate the specific details of your case. We can assess the above factors and provide a more realistic estimate of your case’s worth based on our expertise and experience.
Contact a Henderson Car Accident Lawyer at High Stakes Injury Law Today
With a combined 60 years of experience fighting for injured victims of negligence throughout Henderson and the greater Las Vegas area, our experienced legal team is ready and willing to fight for you. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that unless we are successful in securing compensation on your behalf, you will not owe us a cent for our services.
To learn more about working with a Henderson car accident lawyer at High Stakes Injury Law, call us today at (702) 707-5934.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Settlement / Auto Accident
Settlement / Tire Explosion
Settlement / Truck Accident
“After being in an accident my friend told me to call High Stakes Injury Law. A lawyer named Brian came to my home to meet with me and started my claim immediately. The legal team was extremely efficient, responded back to me quickly, listened to my concerns, and handled everything with speed and accuracy. Every step of the way was communicated. I received my settlement in 10 months’ time. I highly recommend using Berstein and Poisson. Thank you for helping get my life back on track.”